DISTANCE IS YOUR FRIEND
Reducing your EMF exposure will benefit your present and future health and wellness. For some people who have developed a sensitivity, avoidance is essential to rebuilding health. Here are some suggestions to creating a health-supporting environment from Dr.Devra Davis of Environmental Health Trust :
Safety Tips You Can Do Now
The amount of radiation absorbed into the human user decreases quickly with distance. Don't put the cell phone directly on your ear. Even an inch or two decreases exposure greatly and will add up over time. Use an Air-Tube Headset, text or use speaker phone. Do not put your phones in your bras. If you have to keep it in your pocket, get a radiation-shielding case for your phone.
Don't put laptops on your lap, get a Harapad shield or put something between you and the device to add distance.
Do everything you can to protect the fetus and infants from cell phones and tablets. Again, distance. Give the babies at least 10' and never let them sleep with cordless baby monitors, cordless phones or any wireless devices in their nursery/bedrooms.
If pregnant or planning a pregnancy, make getting an EMF Assessment of your home and bedroom a part of your Pre-Pregnancy Healthcare Plan. Studies have shown that high magnetic fields in the bedrooms of mothers during pregnancy have been linked to Autism, SIDS, Miscarriage, even obesity and more. It's not worth it. Just do it.
“Airplane mode”, also known as “flight mode,” is a setting on your wireless device that stops the microwave radiation emissions. Whenever you hand a child a technology device such as cell phone, tablet, or laptop, please set the Airplane mode to ON, and WiFi to OFF, and Bluetooth to OFF.
For home phones (landline), internet, printer, speakers, and entertainment gear, connect by cord or cable with all wireless features off.
● Wi-Fi Internet Connections at Home: As an easy first step, power off the WiFi router at bedtime. Then ask your internet provider how to connect with plugin cords and turn off the antennae feature of the modem or router. Many companies allow you to manage the wireless settings online.
● Trade in your home cordless phones for corded phones. Most cordless phone base stations constantly emit high levels of microwave radiation regardless whether or not any connected handset is in use. The cordless phone handsets also emit microwave radiation. Corded landlines have no wireless radiation emissions and therefore this simple step can substantially reduce your
daily microwave radiation exposures.
● Wire Up Game Stations and Controllers: Choose gaming devices that have the option to connect the hand controllers with a cord.
● Hardwire Accessories (Printer, Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers, etc.): WiFi printers are a hidden source of constant WiFi emissions, just like a WiFi router or cordless phone base. The safest choice is a hardwired nonwireless printer. Some wireless printers allow the wireless antennae to be
turned off via an internal network setting so contact the manufacturer for directions. A mouse with a cord has no wireless radiation emissions (there is no setting to change).
Wireless enabled devices are always transmitting radiation even when you are not surfing the internet or using the device to talk or message. The only way to stop these emissions is to set the wireless antennas to OFF.
● Why? WiFi devices continuously check in with their main network (cell tower or WiFi router to be sure a connection exists. This radiation activity called a digital handshake. For example, a WiFi router emits a beacon signal at regular intervals to signal the available network (whether or not any
person or machine is using the network).
● You can easily decrease your family's firsthand and secondhand radiation exposure by turning off
wireless networks and devices whenever you aren't actively using them.
● Turning off wireless devices (and their related gear)—for example, gaming, entertainment, and
computer systems—when not in use also saves significant energy and makes all around good sense.
Mobile devices distract drivers even if handsfree. Cell phones and streaming tablets and laptops also emit higher power radiation during travel because the metal surroundings reflect the radiation and create radiation hotspots inside the vehicle.
● Going on a road trip and your children want to watch movies? Before you leave, download the
movies onto the device beforehand.
If necessary to have WiFi on, you can significantly reduce your exposure to that radiation by decreasing the signal strength.
● Home WiFi routers are often set to cover all areas within 100 meters with the radiation. This distance is usually not necessary in a home. At a minimum, contact your internet provider to turn down the signal strength on your router, and ask your neighbors to do the same. The fewer the bars on your cell phone or wireless enabled device, the higher the radiation it is outputting. So minimize your use when the signal is weak.
The longer you connect wirelessly, the more radiation you absorb. So keep your wireless phone calls and WiFi use short—whenever possible. We all need internet access and good long phone calls, so be sure you have a landline corded phone and wired home computer to use most of the time. No wireless radiation is emitted from ethernet cables. Minimize your time spent in WiFi hotspots.
All device manufacturers advise that each wireless device should be at some distance away from human bodies and brains. For example, printers, computers, and wireless routers instruct that the distance between the device and a human body must be at least 20 cm (about 8 inches).
● Keeping these devices closer than the manufacturer's designated distance can result in a violation
of the federal government's official radiation exposure limit. Exceeding these levels can result your
body absorbing thermal level of microwave radiation. Such levels can heat your body and lead to
sterility, burns and brain damage.
● Before a phone, tablet, Mp3 player, etc. is placed into a pocket or bra or tucked into clothing, set
Airplane mode to ON and WiFi to OFF and Bluetooth to OFF. Always also use those settings before devices are near a pregnant abdomen.